Sunday, June 14, 2015

Ride The Rockies 2015 Prologue Day -1

Ride the Rockies 2015 starts tomorrow (June 14th) and guess what?  It's raining again.  But, I am hopeful for a dry week and  I am really excited to be riding with the #WishForWheels team.  Wish for Wheels is a non-profit organization and provides new bikes to under-privileged youth.

 #RTR2015 is 473 miles this year, from Grand Junction to Westcliffe Colorado.  Rain is my nemesis this year with many training weeks all rained out.  About 3 weeks ago, I decided to just ride and get drenched.  RTR is about  climbing and I've only had one climb. This year will be challenging physically, but having completed before is the saving grace...I hope.


I dropped my truck in Westcliffe and we headed to Gand Junction.  The fire was burning in the sky when we arrived and it was 94 degrees.  Sherpa is again offering tent setup / breakdown service, so that's for me!  Tomorrow we ride the Colorado National Monument, which is featured  in the Kevin Costner movie American Flyers.  I have ridden the route before and it is gorgeous!  Game on!

-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment